Forums Other Topics Continuing Education 2006 Laser Dentisty Education

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JanetCentury
    Spectator

Looking forward to CE in 2006 (both laser and otherwise). Bearing in mind that I have already committed to the Townie Meeting March 30, Millenium Meeting Februay 16, Chicago Midwinter February 16 and an Endo-Scope Course in Chicago March 3. I will definitely go to AMED again, and I have to spend some time on the next level of ortho. Whew!

I need some more laser education, specifically hard tissue, more specifically my DeLight (or Versawave later). Is Hoya Con Bio doing any advanced classes? I thought Glen Van As did an advanced course (with Nash maybe?) but I couldn’t make it – anyone know if he is doing an advance laser scope class anywhere?

And is anyone going to the ALD this year? I really enjoyed my first one, but had to skip last years’. I’m kinda frustrated looking at the site because there is still no details on courses or speakers.

Any other courses out there? Thanks – and I’d hope to meet you at some of them

Kind regards,

Janet

#8323 Reply

Anonymous
    Quote: from JanetCentury on 11:54 pm on Nov. 28, 2005

And is anyone going to the ALD this year?  I really enjoyed my first one, but had to skip last years’.  I’m kinda frustrated looking at the site because there is still no details on courses or speakers.

Kind regards,

Janet

Hi Janet,
    I got an email today that listed the following for ALD:

SOURCE 2006 INVITED SPEAKERS
    The following five featured researchers and academicians are scheduled to present in Tucson. These speakers will be amongst more than 40 expected speakers:

John D.B. Featherstone, M.Sc. Ph.D, Professor, Department of Preventive and Restorative Dental Sciences University of California, San Francisco on the topic “Caries & Prevention with Respect to Lasers”.

Paul Giovannone, CDT, Biogenic Technical Instructions, LLC (BTI), on the topic “Enhancing Dental Treatment Outcomes Through Laser Welding”.

Andreas Moritz, MD, DMD, Dept. of Conservative Dentistry, Dental School, University of Vienna on the topic “Lasers in Endododontics – An Overview of the Literature and Current Research Studies”.

Wolf D. Seka, PhD, Senior Scientist and Associate Professor of Optics, University of Rochester Laboratory for Laser Energetics on the topic “Laser Ablation Mechanisms in Hard Tissue and their Clinical Relevance”.

Sofia Tranæus, DDS, PhD, Department of Cariology and Endodontology, Institute of Odontology, Karolinska Institutet, SWEDEN on the topic “QLF and Other Diagnostic Tools”.

See you there!

#8325 Reply

Glenn van As
    Spectator

Hi Ron…….I am giving at least one lecture (a one hours lecture on exposure of orthodontically impacted soft and hard tissue removal with lasers). I think its Thursday from 3-4 and in addition I more than likely will be doing another hands on course with Global and lasers!

Alot of work but alot of fun as well.

I ran into Ron Kaminer when I was leaving New York and others as well, and I hope to get a chance to see everyone in Feb at Bob Greggs (I saw Del and Tim Grenz as well as Dianne Sharp at the Greater New York) and hope that all is well with you folks until we get a chance to run into eachother again!!

Glenn

#8326 Reply

cadavis
    Spectator

I’m looking forward to Source 2006. I’ll be taking the standard proficiency course and would like to make sure it isn’t going to be superimposed on any of the other interesting seminars being given. I want to get as much as I can out of it.
    Does anyone know if there are speakers that I will miss during the standard proficiency course??

Chris Davis

#8324 Reply

Benchwmer
    Spectator

Chris,
    The Standard profiency course has always been held the day before the Scientific Session begins. You wont have to miss anything you don’t want to.
    Check the ALD site for the final schedule. It’s not up yet.
    You’ll like the location. Take some time for hiking in the mountains just to the North.
    From an EMail from ALD:
    ALD CERTIFICATION 2006
    March 15-16, 2006
    The One-day Introductory Hands-On Course, Wednesday, March 15 provides a comprehensive overview of the clinical applications of lasers in contemporary dental practice. The Two-day Standard Proficiency Program, March 15-16, 2006 includes a lecture and hands-on course, written examination and clinical proficiency simulation examination. This level defines the standard of care for the dental professional according to the Curriculum Guidelines and Standards for Dental Laser Education
    Speakers should be 17th and 18th.
    Jeff

(Edited by Benchwmer at 8:10 am on Dec. 5, 2005)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: 2006 Laser Dentisty Education
Your information: