• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

dkimmel
    Spectator

This is a case that just came out of ortho and needs to have temps placed prior to implants. #7 was just a direct composite veneer. The tissue was recontoured with the Waterlase  G-4 tip, 3.25W 45water 65 air.
    #10 was a pontic made up from composite and bonded in place with a Sticktech fiber. The tissue was contoured as  above.

Juliaweb3.jpg

Juliaweb4.jpg

Juliaweb5.jpg

Juliaweb6.jpg

Juliaweb7.jpg

Juliaweb.jpg

imgxr.jpg

julia4day.jpg

(picture edited admin)

Ron thanks for help with the photos.I’ll figure it out some day.

(Edited by dkimmel at 8:42 pm on July 15, 2003)

#10074 Reply

Glenn van As
    Spectator

David: clap clap clap.

Nice case and cool stuff. Nice result for a provisional

Couple of questions for you.

Is #7 a peg lateral or a primary tooth. Why I ask is that there isnt much root left at all.

Was the soft tissue recontouring done with or without anesthetic as 3.25 watts with a 400 micron tip is heavy energy for non anesthetic.

What is Sticktech, and are you planning to do implants.

How old is the patient?

Did you design an ovate pontic for the lateral that is missing.

Nice result and thanks in advance.

Its great to see others posting here, as I learn tons.

Thanks again……….

Glenn

#10071 Reply

dkimmel
    Spectator

Glenn,
    I used no anesthetic. This was with water and defoused. There was no bleeding in this mode and the tissue came off in thin layers. Around #7 I had wanted to thin the paplallia and this worked great. Nopost op discomfort which I would have expected if the watts were too high. There was one area on the mesial of #7 that had a concavity. In this area I dropped back to .25w with 11% a, you will see this as the red area in the photo. Just too tight a space to use the high watts.
    #7 is a peg lateral. The kid is 18 y/o. She has had some pretty bad ortho. Not only is the roots on #7 resorbed but #6,8,9 & 11. She may loose all of them. To top it off the plan was to place an implant in #10 spot ,post ortho #9 roots were tilted in the postion where the implant was to go. She had to go back to ortho. I did not get involved in this case until the patient walked in wanting the implants after the first ortho.
    Sticktech– cool stuff. Like ribbion but much easier to work with. I don’t think it is on the market yet. Let me know if you want samples. I’ll give you the contact.
    The ovate pontic. Yes and no. Sort of. I did not have much depth to work with .The photo is not the best. I have about a 2mm depth after preparing the site and 2mm to bone. I was trying to push the papallia forward. Still got to work on that as it is back too far at this point.
    David

#10072 Reply

whitertth
    Spectator

David
    Great stuff…Nice use of composite, great shade match….. very nice result….What is stichtek and where can u get it? Are most people using the waterlase/hoya units on soft tissue dry without water and without anaesthsia? Nice work again!!

#10076 Reply

Glenn van As
    Spectator

Thanks David, and yes Ron I am using the Hoya without water and without anesthesia.

I typically am in contact or slightly away at around 30 Hz and 30-50 mj which is .9-1.5 w

If the patient feels it even with air blowing then sometimes I drop to around .6 w with 20 Hz and 30 mj.

Nice work David and thanks for the answers. Looking forward to seeing Stick tech.

You didnt prepare the adjacent teeth did you?

Glenn

#10070 Reply

dkimmel
    Spectator

Here is a link to another case using the StickTeck
    http://www.dentaltown.com/gold….D40B3EC
    Here is the companies web site.
    http://www.sticktech.com
    The person I’ve talked with is Dr.Elja Korhonen
    his e-mail is elja.korhonen@sticktech.com

I did prep the linguals with a small groove like the above case. I was trying not to post tooo many pictures. Ron still has to go back and clean up my posts
    for me. I’ll get there.
    Glenn the more I most the more I understand the effort it takes to post all the photos you do. Thanks again.
    David

#10073 Reply

ASI
    Spectator

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing. Good handling of the case so far.

Those poor roots are indeed badly resorbed. Questionable longevity.

Andrew

#10075 Reply

Glenn van As
    Spectator

Hey David …..thanks.

You know what, I actually like the work it takes, its artistic for me and cathartic for me. Its a little artsy putting together a presentation be it a lecture or a post.

It helps me to learn how to better do it next time.

With ACDSee or another endo program I have (TDO imaging which I dont know as well) I can really do the photography easily and man do my blemishes jump out on screen at 16X power!!

Thanks again for the kind words and all the best.

Glenn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: 7 & 10 post ortho
Your information: