Forums Laser Treatment Tips and Techniques Soft Tissue Procedures 980 diode for fibroma removal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Glenn van As
    Spectator

Hi folks: wanted to show the high fluency technique which I am not necessarily a proponent or disaprove of.

Basically it uses higher wattages with a heavy water flow and a pulsed laser. Dr. Michael Swick is the proponent and the person who knows the most about this technique.

It isnt for the faint of heart and YOU MUST have a heavy water stream on the site.

I used the 980 nm diode with 6 watts pulsed at .05 secs on and off for this fibroma removal. TONS OF WATER, and this setting is really a little low.

Now for those of you who want to use you regular diode , Don Coluzzi, whom I admire alot will tell you that 1 w Continuous Wave is safer and gives similar results.

I dont know yet, its the healing I am looking at ………

It definitely isnt faster in my hands but then again I am no expert yet.

This fibroma was on the lateral and ventral surface of the tongue.

Female about 40 and no history every of smoking.

I cut it out with the diode and noted under the scope white part and felt this and it was firm and more fibers…..darn it all , handnt gone deep enough.

Had to do it a second time to get all the fibers.

The little fibroma was quite large underneath huh…….

12mm long and 6 mm wide afterwards.

I like the scope for vision for these sorts of things. I apologize for some of the photos but my assistant was capturing them midstream and the water flow does hinder your view a little.

Just something to ponder.

I wont be able to get anything sooner than 2 weeks healing photos on this as I am leaving for a couple of weeks on vacation.

Gonna meet Mark Colonna tomorrow and am up late tonight posting cases for you all on stuff I have done recently.

Some cool stuff as well as some failures.

Glenn

Fibroma removal pg 1.jpg

Fibroma removal pg 2.jpg

#9786 Reply

ASI
    Spectator

Thanks for sharing agian, Glenn. So good to see you back on the forum.

Nice case.

Andrew

#9785 Reply

Hi Glenn:I look at your case and You know that I am a user of the high fluence technique like Michael Swick has teach me two years ago.I always use the high fluence technique with a LOT of water and I can assure you than we have very good results with that technique.I use the new water handpiece with water in and I can assure you that it’s the easier way to use that technique.
    Most of the time I use pulse mode between 8 to 10 watts ,.05on .05off.
    You can do a case like that with topical anesthesic only because of the thermorelaxation period you give to surronding tissus.
    More you use high power and water less you gonna have post-operative pain.
    Very good job Glenn.

#9784 Reply

dkimmel
    Spectator

Glenn looks nice. How about post ops when you get a chance!!
    David

#9787 Reply

Glenn van As
    Spectator

Hi Marc and David: just back from a week off and next week I will be in and out of home. I will get some post ops but they will likely be two weeks old.

Thanks for the kind words and thanks Marc Andre for the heads up……I would like to try that handpiece one of these days.

Glenn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: 980 diode for fibroma removal
Your information: